Responsible for technical presentations, product demonstrations, RFI/RFP support and supporting pre and post sales engineering activities, including field support. The Sales Engineer will possess a technical background in the design and implementation of in-building wireless communications DAS systems.
• Applications support – become experts on all Comba product offered in the US market and to advise our customers on the best solution for their application.
• Required to be well versed on commercial product for aggressive 2020 product push.
• Field daily calls from customers on product questions, product recommendations, documentation, and general support.
• Provide technical presentations and perform product demonstrations via webinars, tradeshows, and at customer locations.
• Compile matrices highlighting Comba’s competitive advantage in support of sales efforts
• Provide sales team product ROMs and BOMs that are complete and accurate as possible
• Produce and/or review customer link budgets and confirm feasibility of application.
• Recommend 3rd party equipment to complement Comba solution.
• Create Visio block diagrams showing generic and tailored systems configurations, to include 3rd party product.
• Act as Project Manager on large projects to ensure customer expectations and timelines are met.
• Work closely with customer to propose a winning solution that complies with all pertinent sections of RFI/RFP and code.
• Participate in bid response meeting and provide detailed proposals and SOW. • Required to be familiar with both NFPA & IFC latest codes.
• Be familiar with iBwave in-building propagation tool in order to review designs from customers. Minor tweaks and changes to iBwave designs
• Be familiar with test equipment (sweep tester, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, OTDR) to be able provide Comba customers with field support for commissioning and troubleshooting
• Assist Product Management and Marketing departments to improve accuracy and completeness of Comba technical documentation such as application notes, tech briefs, manuals, and general marketing collateral.
• Provide training and certification to customers
• Answer technical support calls and assist with the RMA process as needed
• Engineering degree with MBA (Required)
• iBwave level 3 certification (Required)
• +2 years of experience in DAS design for the enterprise and carrier grade projects (Minimum)
• +2 years of experience with Comba equipment (Minimum)
• Strong knowledge on passive components (antennas, splitters, couplers, etc.)
• Experience on designing with main DAS equipment vendors (Corning, Commscope, Cobham, Solid, etc.)(Certification is desired)
• Experience on designing ERRCS (P25, NPSPAC)(Required)
• Experience in technical sales (Elaborating turn-key quotations, Bill of Materials and proposals)
• Experience on turn-key projects (Management and finances)(Required)
• Must be familiar with wireless technologies P25, TDMA, CDMA, EVDO, GSM, W-CDMA and LTE
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
• Must be disciplined to work independently
• Must have good writing and oratory skills.
• Must be familiar with the use of signal generators and spectrum analyzers
• Must be able to carry test equipment and perform site surveys and system testing.
• Data collection and data analysis on carrier networks is a plus (JDSU, ZKSAM, TEMS, etc.)
• Able to travel nationwide (Required)
Comba offers a competitive compensation plan, with a benefit package including: health, dental, life, disability, vision, acupuncture/chiropractic insurances, and 401K with company matching.